Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Resolve...

I love the New Year.  I know that some people hate the whole resolution stuff...but I love it.  I just think that it's a great way to give ourselves some motivation to work on those little items in our lives that need improvement.  Don't get me wrong...I am just as guilty as the next gal of coming out of the gate strong and then quickly fizzling.  But, this year I resolve to stick with it!!!
  1. I purchased the BodyMedia armband and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!  It gives me a precise calorie burn that I match against my calorie intake.  It's motivation I tell ya!!!  There is nothing like seeing that you're a few hundred calories in the red, to get you off that couch and moving around a little bit.  Plus, it's nice (for once) to get credit for all the housework and up & down the stairs movements.  I think my favorite part of the BodyMedia system is the sleep tracking.  I already know that I sleep like crap (thank you 20 month old son!) but there is something satisfying in looking at the sleep log, knowing you had a bad night of sleep, and actually having some validation on why your walking around like a zombie!  Weird...I know!
  2. I signed up for the Triple Crown Training program at the Y.  We'll meet once a week to train and they promised me that there will be other 1st timers there!  I gotta be honest with you....this one has got me a little freaked out.  The "Mini" is 13 miles...SERIOUSLY!  For those of you that know me...you've seen my stumps for legs.  That is L-O-N-G way for these little legs.  But, I am determined to give it a shot!  I don't care if I finish dead last...as long as I finish!
  3. I made a pact with my sister to stop talking about it...and finally lose those last 10 lbs, already!  When we were at her house, in NY, for the Christmas holiday we took out some of her 'skinny' pictures and made a small collage to go on the fridge.  I promised her that I'd do the same when I got back home.  We won't see each other again until our family vacation in August.  I wish her luck on her journey...but I am also hoping to leave her in my dust!!!!  Gotta love sibling rivalry!



0 comments:

Post a Comment