Monday, September 17, 2012

Count Down to Halloween


This past Saturday I had the pleasure of being a vendor at the Male High School Cheerleader's Scrapbooking event.  I met a ton of wonderful women, got to show off all the new CTMH product and actually got a few things done...WHAT?!?
That's right...you heard me...
I worked with the new Moonlight Workshop-On-The-Go kit and completed this adorable frame, a two-page layout, and this little owl (which is eventually going in a frame of her own)!


If you'd like the cutting directions for this project, please look at the 'Countdown to Christmas' post from earlier this month.  I did a few things differently on this one...which I'll point out in each picture.




The flowers and the 'circle', that is behind the Chalkboard Sheet (Z1789), were cut using the Cricut Artiste cartridge. The purple ribbon is just something that I had in my stash, but the tulle is CTMH's new Black Tulle Ribbon (Z1798). I accordion folded it to get it bunched in the back and then attached it with hot glue!

Here I used the Cork Alphabet (Z1450), inked in black, and Bitty Sparkles.

I embossed these images (WOTG stamp) on the outside of the glass, using black embossing powder.  Then I used the Liquid Applique to make the mummy 'puffy'.  The skulls on the sign are from the Haunted Assortment embellishment packet (Z1741) with Bitty Sparkles (Z1263) for the eyes.



This owl...however, too cute to hoot...wasn't what I planned when I started this project.  I saw the funniest owl with fangs, on Pinterest (of course!).  I was trying to replicate that 'fanged' owl using the Moonlight paper, but when I tried out the fangs...they just blended into the body of the owl.  So on to plan B...I had an extra olive flower, left over from the 'Count Down To Candy' frame, and ta da...a cute, girlie owl!


Cut with the Cricut Artiste cartridge...including wings & flower.  The scallops on the body were punched w/ our 2" Scallop Punch (Z1311).  Then I scissor distressed the entire outside of the owl and the wings.


The eyes are made using the NEW Treat Cup (Z1778) and Wooden Badge Buttons (Z1703).  I didn't have any black buttons so I inked these wooden ones.  Seriously!  If you could only see how many buttons I own...and I didn't have any black?!?  It still makes me shake my head.  Guess I'll just have to place another CTMH order this week...*smirk*

This is the Moonlight Workshop On The Go kit...such a cute layout!  And what about that stamp?  It is absolutely adorable.  There have been times when I am not exactly 'jazzed' about the WOTG stamp...but this one is definitely a keeper.





Workshops On The Go® Moonlight Scrapbooking Kit

Workshops on the Go® Moonlight Kit Contents
Moonlight Paper Packet
My Acrylix® Moonlight Workshop Stamp Set (C-size)
Colonial White Cardstock Sheets (2)
Sparkles Black & Grey Assortment
Haunted Assortment
Instructional Guide
Featured Colors: Black, Goldrush, Slate, Smokey Plum

$29.95 G1051





0 comments:

Post a Comment