I'll start by sending out a huge apology for the crappy pictures...Ugh! My cameras hate me. BUT, you'll all be happy to know that I signed up for a beginners course in photography, this morning. I saw a Groupon come thru and pounced on the opportunity...hopefully my pictures will take a turn for the better, very soon!
This is a 10x10 frame from Michaels craft store...retails for about $9.99, but they are 40% off this week PLUS I used the extra 25% coupon that was good for the Labor Day weekend. Not exactly sure what the final price was, but it fell under the 'pretty darn cheap'category in my mind. I will warn you though...the glass is super thin, so be very careful when handling ...I've cracked my fair share of these puppies!
- Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge - used to cut the scallop border at top, scallop circle behind blackboard paper, flowers, and tree. (Z1686)
- Pear & Partridge Paper Packet (X7162B)
- Holiday Dimensional Elements (Z1772)
- Chalkboard Sheet (Z1789)
- Canvas Alphabet (Z1777)
- Clear Assortment Sparkles (Z1752)
- Harvest Assortment Baker's Twine (Z1751)
- Designer Ribbon_Red Collection (Z1615)
- Designer Brads_Antiqued Copper (Z1410)
- Cashmere ink pad (Z2175)
- Chocolate ink pad (Z2111)
- Liquid Glass (Z679)
- Glue Dots (1772)
Art Philosophy cuts:
Scallop border was cut at 1 1/2"
Scallop circle was cut at 4 1/4"
Flowers (poinsettias) were cut at 3" (x2) and 4" (x4)
Holly leaves were turned length-wise and cut at 1 3/4 " (x6)
Tree was cut at 6" (3 of them, glued together for the 3-D look)
Blackboard paper circle was cut at 3 3/4"
Paper cuts (all under the glass):
The background paper is cut at 10x10".
I used a 10x2" strip of the green B&T paper
The red floral piece is a zip strip off one of the B&T papers
Cashmere sheet is 6x6 - randomly stamped and sponged in cashmere ink
Embellishments (on top of glass & around frame):
- The tree is 'decorated' w/ sparkles and baker's twine faux bulbs. I took large glue dots and just winded the baker's twine on top...using a little liquid glass to help fix the extra twine on top.
- The presents are from the Holiday Dimensional Elements
- Flowers and holly leaves have some sparkles on them.
- Although you can't see them...there are a couple of antiqued copper brads glued in both sets of flowers.
- Scalloped circle is B&T paper glued to chipboard, which I sanded and then sponged in Chocolate ink.
- 'Days til Christmas' is spelled out using the new canvas alphabet. At first I tried inking them...but it made them too dark and hard to see w/ the paper patterns that were behind the glass. So, I kept them 'as is'...much better!
- Ribbon around the chalk is glued on there w/ Liquid Glass (again!) and then I attached it to the frame w/ a little piece of Velcro.
Don't let the list fool you...it is actually a very easy project. If 15 fourth graders can put one (each) together in about an hour...just think what you can do?!? Give it a try ...and send me any questions.
Thanks for visiting!