Saturday, October 13, 2012

Clementine Card

October is a big birthday month for us. So, true to my nature, I am trying to whip up some cards last minute.  Why I can't be happy with any of the cards from my HUGE (and I mean H-U-G-E) pile of swap cards, I'll never know.  Anyhoo...I had to make a couple of 'masculine' cards and they are like my Kryptonite.  I struggle, like you wouldn't believe, w/ cards for dudes...and I don't know why.  I over think them...half of me wants to make sure that they don't look to girlie and then I get frustrated and starting thinking 'why I am taking so much time on this?  it's going to wind up in the trash anyway.'  I don't know...I wish it was easier for me or I wish I didn't give a crap and could go pick up 2 for 1 at the Dollar Store.  But that's not going to happen...so the struggle will continue...

Here is my latest creation...well, last week just getting around to posting, latest creation...

The card base is CTMH's new Saddle cardstock.  The blue B&T and the brown patterned 'zip strip' is from the Clementine paper packet, and the orange B&T is from the Flirty paper packet.  I also used the new Burlap ribbon (so fun!), Mocha Opaques, and the Happy Birthday is stamped on a Milepost shape (corrugated chipboard).  This card pattern is in the new 'Make It from Your Heart -Vol 1'.



0 comments:

Post a Comment